Monday, June 22, 2015

Hey~

I hope everyone out there has been well~ :) 

The past two weeks have been a bit of a nightmare for me.. :/ The heat here in Florida finally broke me last week and I ended up in an ambulance racing to the ER on Saturday the 13th with heat exhaustion & severe dehydration which triggered my heart condition leaving me nauseous, dizzy, & unable to move. Collapsing at work is NOT my idea of a good day! It completely derailed my training regimen and it's taken me a full WEEK to recover! >_< Luckily, I remained conscious the entire time.. If I had lost consciousness, they probably would have kept me in the hospital for days instead of just overnight. 

So now I have to rethink things once again. My heart condition is extremely mild thanks to the fact that I also have very low blood pressure as well. I don't even need medication for it; the doctor who diagnosed me simply placed me on a high sodium diet. I haven't had any real problems for 7+ years since changing my diet and lifestyle. However, working out is something I'm supposed to be very careful doing, so all the extra training I've been doing added to the stress of working out in the heat 8hrs a day, 5 days a week for an entire month straight was simply too much for my heart to handle.. :'( Plus.. I don't think I was fully diagnosed properly. 

The doctor diagnosed me with NeuroCardioGenic Syncope, but the test to see if I have an irregular heart beat as well was messed up by faulty machinery. However, instead of redoing the test, the doctor said heart rate was fine and sent me on my way. Since then.. every time I use any kind of heart monitoring workout equipment, I have seen that my heart rate jumps all over the place throughout my workout. When the EMS was rushing me to the hospital last Saturday, he also said that my heart rate was all over the place. He seemed extremely concerned for my well being. However, by the time I was actually seen by a doctor in the ER it was hours later and by then I was fine with no sign of an irregular heartbeat. :/ So it looks like I seriously need to see a different cardiologist for a 2nd opinion/diagnosis.

I've been putting it off for a very long time now.. First, because I had no health insurance until recently. Second, I was out of the country in South Korea for 2 years, so it was impossible to seek a 2nd opinion there. Lately, I've been putting it off simply because I didn't wish to have to spend money on something I didn't see as a problem. Now however, I realize that this is something I seriously need to have looked at.. I cannot afford to have anymore close calls! If I collapse at work once more, Workman's Comp will stick me on strict office duty whenever it's hot out. Yuck- XP Last Saturday wasn't all that scary, but it was still a wake-up call. If I'm to make my dreams come true, I need to be more aware of what my condition is so that I can compensate for it while still working towards my goal-

One trip to the ER is NOT about to make me give up my dreams! Nothing's scarier than the heart attack I had 8.5yrs ago before finding out about my condition! So long as I am careful, I can still attain my dreams & push myself to reach my goals without triggering my heart condition. ^_^ Plus, the stronger I make myself, the stronger my heart will become and the healthier I will be. If I can find a way to strengthen my heart, I may be able to rid myself of the condition altogether! :D I have hope in this~ I believe deep down in my heart & soul that I can do it- :) 

NOTHING'S GONNA STOP ME FROM LIVING MY DREAMS!! ;)

-Aria D Gaia

LIVE YOUR DREAMS!