Thursday, April 9, 2015

Labor Day 2017~

That will be the day I turn in the keys to my apartment and hit the road to gather my crew! That gives me 2.5 years to training and get into even better shape. It will also give me the time I need to get all the camping/survival gear I still don't have, get myself a concealed weapons permit & self defense training for safety, build my ultra-lite tow trailer for my bicycle for all my gear, make my gypsy tent, purchase the solar panel I'll need for charging my laptop in order to keep a daily log of my travels to post here for my readers to read once I've reached a WiFi hotspot where I can upload new posts, and tie up a few other loose ends here & there before my journey.

So far our final destination will be either LA or San Francisco in California. Major cities always have jobs needing to be filled as well as inexpensive housing in their low-rent district. Since I'm hoping to cycle ~50 miles per day, we should be able to cover the entire United States from the Atlantic coast to the Pacific coast within 4 months. Thus, the goal is to be in LA or San Fran by New Years 2018. The next 2.5 years will be spent training, learning self-defense, prepping, studying, and dematerializing (i.e. getting rid of my countless, non-essential possessions). 

I chose Labor Day 2017 because that will allow my lil brother time to graduate from high school, get a job, & get his own place so that I can give him my cat, Merlin, & my motorcycle before I leave for California. I don't think Merlin would be up to riding in a basket on my bicycle all the way across America. :3 My lil brother has already begged to keep him before and he loves the fact that I ride a motorcycle, says he wants one too, so I figured that his place would be the best place for both my cat and motorcycle. My motorcycle is small, just a 250cc Honda Rebel, and it's got over 21,000 miles on it, so it'd be perfect for him to learn on. :) I love that he thinks I'm such a cool big sis (Dad told me he said so), so I want to give him all the best I can. ^_^

So there you have it! Labor Day 2017 will be the start date for my bicycle trip across America from Florida to California with a myriad of stops along to way to pick up the separate members of my crew who are scattered all over the states. I will keep you updated on my progress with my training and even post my gypsy tent & ultra-lite bicycle tow trailer designs, step-by-step production photos/videos, and more! :D Stay tuned in to Dream Ship for info on my progress!

Remember! LIVE YOUR DREAMS!

-Aria